Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How we spend our spare time



Although we are on the go, we don't spend a lot of the twelve hour days running. Now we have time to relax and enjoy some Fast Track. Francine and I usually let the guys win most of the time!








In our travels we have found many US brand places--Home Depot, Subway, McDonalds, and of course you can recognize the Colonel of KFC fame. Or do I mean PFK fame?

We do not speak French, but we have learned a lot about the language. PFK is Kentucky Fried Chicken in French--Poulet Frit Kentucky. First of all the adjectives come after the noun and for some reason they do not pronounce a consonant if it is the last letter of the word. And if the chicken in this case were female the second word would be frite and then you would pronounce the t!

The other night we went out to dinner at St. Hubert (did you say Hubert?). I thought we were going someplace called St. Oobay until we got there--Francine (don't pronounce the first n) said they never say h and the rt at the end are both consonants so leave them off (they do twist their tongue around to get a little rattle at the end). Now I know how they talk so fast--they don't say all the letters! And they do things with their tongues (I mean talking) that they must have learned at a very young age. Francine, forgive me for the liberties I just took in telling these two tales. I have so appreciated your patience at trying to teach me about your language.

No comments: