Sunday, November 22, 2009

Miami Homestead Speedway

Sunday was bright and sunny and we had decided to take in the NASCAR Sprint 400. The race was to begin about 3:00 but we got there (all of five miles away) around 11 a.m. and took in the sights, sounds, events, etc. of 85,000 spectators (I guess they all didn't show up that early!)








It was amazing! 43 cars zipping around and around and around and soon all we could hear was the zooming sound of the engines as the entire track was in use. That means we could not hear the announcer, nor could we hear each other! Only after 83 laps was there a caution and we could finally hear again. It was an experience--I guess I don't understand why some people chase from one race to the next.

The end of the race--Jimmie Johnson gets a check for over $6,000,000 and it takes us one hour 45 minutes to drive the five miles home!!!

No comments: