
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! We spent the day at Caryn and Jason's. It was great to have Jason with us for the day--he is usually at work!
Jason was chief chef and Mitch was turkey chef, Caryn was line cook and general helper, I did dishes!!

Margie and Morgan (Jason's brother) were able to come over after Margie got off work.

We had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with a twist. Mitch's turkey had lemon slices and herbs stuffed under the skin and was basted with brandy. The cranberries were cooked with apples, cloves, and star anise. The sweet potatoes were baked and mashed with something wonderful (but I don't know what it was--I just enjoyed eating it). Although Jason added sauted bacon and garlic, there's only so much you can do to canned French cut green beans (Mitch's favorite vegetable). And the dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy were great. Mitch made the crust and I baked a pumpkin and a pecan pie. YUMMY DINNER!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment