Friday, August 22, 2008

CAUTION: THE FOLLOWING PICTURE IS RATED X

Yup, the coach lost power at the bottom of the on ramp and we made it to the side of the freeway. It took us about four hours to travel from the south side of the Twin Cities to the fix-it shop on the north side of the Twin Cities. After attempting to troubleshoot the problem on the side of I-494 (20 minutes on hold with Monaco who eventually returned the call five hours later and Cummins who gave us good ideas but told us we probably couldn’t do it ourselves), we called the tow truck. It took forty five minutes for the tow to arrive and a good hour and a half to get the coach ready to be towed and hooked up. After the long trip around the cities because of construction on the I-35 bridge and construction on I-694 the coach arrived at Cummins North. Now it was wait for someone to be able to help us and then possibly a two hour diagnostic, and then a five hour fix it schedule.

In the meantime the tow guy says to me, “Is your last name Mitchell?” “Yes,” I said thinking he needed to double check before I signed the tow charge. “Well, Mrs. Mitchell, you were my sixth grade teacher. Do you remember me?” And I did, so we had a nice little conversation catching up on 18 years! It’s a small world!

2 comments:

John & Pat said...

Well, I'm sure sorry about your coach problem. Glad to see you took it in stride.
How fun running into a former student.

Anonymous said...

From experience: you run into students at the darndest places!
So...what was the total hours that day? So glad you were o.k..:) Marie