Thursday, October 13, 2011

TT Chesapeake and Hollywood, FL

 We had been at TT Chesapeake for a few days when I flew to Ft. Lauderdale to watch the boys for a few days while Caryn and Jason flew to LA for a friend's wedding. WE had a great time (even with all the rain)--we got out for a bike/stroller ride and a swim in the pool almost every day, we baked and decorated Halloween cookies, and we made it to the ocean beach for a 10 minute romp in the waves. I figured to get to the beach while it wasn't raining so with the packing up and driving and parking and unpacking (about 50 minutes), the 10 minutes we got to spend before the dark clouds and lightning came in and the lifeguard called everyone out of the water wasn't too bad. At least the boys enjoyed it!
I got back to Richmond, VA and the hour drive back to the park and was greeted by Keith and Marie. While I was gone they had arrived and Mitch was busy playing pickleball and having some good get togethers with them and Jim and Marlene, and Deb and Bob.

Marie had made traditional PA Chicken Pot Pie (with homemade flat noodles) for my return and the four of us enjoyed a great dinner and and evening of Fast Track.

No comments: