Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting the coach fixed

We used to spend weeks and $$$ getting the coach fixed each year. Now we just ask someone who knows something and Mitch fixes them dinner.

The first problem was the slideout awning and we fixed that in November (check previous blog).

Then the Aqua-Hot electric didn't work so I called the service tech at Aqua-Hot and he told me a bunch of stuff. We did what he said and since Mitch couldn't see in the compartment he said, "Get your camera and take a picture of it." It was a good thing because I didn't know what I was looking for. Mitch looked at the picture and said, "Just press the little white button between the two black wires." It worked!







We knew we had to get the underside of the passenger slideout fixed because whenever it got wet we lost more coating exposing the wood. And both ends had the same problem. "Yes," we were told, "bring it into the shop and we'll get it fixed for you."






...or ask Norton. Norton is the resident "can fix anything guy" and he assured us a quick and inexpensive fix.



He cut out the bad parts, then put in Bondo, then sanded it down (a couple of times), then primed it,




then painted it, and then caulked it. Perfecto!!! Just like new!!! I think it cost Mitch $20 and dinner of course!

No comments: