Friday, November 19, 2010

Deer Hunting in Minnesota

So we left the coach in Tennessee and took a leisurely drive to MN. As usual we celebrated the three birthdays (Mitch's, Carol's, and Mark's--all born on November 6th!) with a bash "Up North". When we all get together we are busy as you can tell from the picture, but what a way to celebrate!

The weather was warm and the deer must have decided to go on vacation because there were no deer to be shot this year.





I figured we had gone "dear" hunting because I found a couple of those. Addy and Macy kept us quite entertained--here they were collecting all the pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals to make a "nest".

One day we picked Addy up from preschool and the four of us went on a date for lunch at DQ. Macy says it's a "Gampa date"!

I think I like two legged dear really a lot!!




We knew it was time to go home when the snow fell--six inches "Up North" and the deer still didn't come out to play.

It was gorgeous, however, and the "dear" played in the snow and had a great time.

Even though Eden Prairie had gotten eleven inches of snow, by the time we left the highways were clean and dry and the drive back to Tennessee was just fine.

No comments: