Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feeding Frenzy





We took a little trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge and saw these beautiful giraffes eating banana leaves like a piece of celery. The grounds of the Lodge are gorgeous and we came upon a flock of greater flamingos eating in their little pond. I didn't know they were pink because of what they eat--pink food! (Actually red crustaceans they filter from the mud--although I don't know if that's what happens at Disney World.) Then Pat, John, Mitch, and I partook of the African buffet at Boma Restaurant--40 ethnic foods to choose from. I particularly liked the curry pasta salad, the mashed potato-cinnamon-honey sweet potatoes (fufu), and the upside down pineapple cheesecake on white chocolate. Very interesting food, and a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Mark and Chris said...

Nice to see that Mitch is progressing well. Have made it back into Canada. Home by next Thursday. Take care.